You Can Dig It
We are now closed for the season, see you all in the spring! Don’t forget to check out our gem shows this winter!
Yes that’s right, the mini mine is open to all rock hounds and adventurers who want to dig their own opal. The mini mine is conveniently located behind the Opal Country Cafe. Material is brought down from the main mine and placed within the mini mine allowing professionals and beginners alike to dig their own opals.
The cost for digging is $15.00 for adults (13 and up) $10.00 for kids (4-12). We do not allow kids under 4 years of age. The fee you pay for digging allows you to take out one (1) pound of rock, additional pounds are $10.00 each.
Every one that is digging must have eye protection (safety glasses, or sun glasses), tools ( hammer, spray bottle, and garden claw) and good shoes, open toed shoes, flip-flops and sandals will NOT be allowed. Digging tools will not be provided, so please bring your own. You can dig 7 days a week ( memorial day to labor day, after and before those dates please call for days and times) from 9 am to 5 pm. You should allow your self at least an hour or two for digging
Mini Mine Rules:
- Check in at the shop before entering
- Safety Glasses / eye protection are Required by everyone
- NO rock throwing
- No Pets
- ALL children must be accompanied by an adult
- ALL rocks will be sorted and chipped in the stockpile, not on the deck of the Cafe
- When finished, weigh out rocks in the shop
- Open toed shoes or sandals are not allowed